Karl Jenkins - The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace album FLAC
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Armed Man
Written-By [Based On L'Homme Armé 1450-63] – Anon. Trad.*
|2||The Call To Prayers (Adhaan)
Composed By – TraditionalSoloist [Meuzzin] – Mohammed Gad
Soloist [Treble] – Tristan HambletonWords By [Ordinary Of The Mass] – Traditional
|4||Save Me From Bloody Men
Words By [The Bible] – Traditional
Words By [Ordinary Of The Mass] – Traditional
|6||Hymn Before Action
Words By – Rudyard Kipling
Words By [Song For St. Cecilia's Day] – John DrydenWords By [To The Earl Of Oxford After Horace] – Jonathan Swift
Translated By – Richard H. MinnearWords By – Togi Sankichi*
Words By [The Mahàbhàrata] – Traditional
Words By [Ordinary Of The Mass] – Traditional
|11||Now The Guns Have Stopped
Words By – Guy Wilson
Soloist, Cello – Guy JohnstonWords By [Ordinary Of The Mass] – Traditional
|13||Better Is Peace
Words By [From In Memorium A. A. H.] – Alfred Lord TennysonWords By [Le Morte D'arthur] – Sir Thomas Malory*Words By [The Book Of Revelations From The Bible] – Traditional
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Karl Jenkins Music Limited
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Licensed To – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Published By – Boosey & Hawkes
- Published By – Oxford University Press
- Published By – Faber & Faber
- Recorded At – Air Lyndhurst Hall
- Recorded At – Abbey Road Studios
- Recorded At – Angel Studios
- Mixed At – Angel Studios
- Mastered At – Floating Earth
- Pressed By – EMI Uden
- Baritone Vocals – Nicholas Merryweather
- Bass Vocals – Philip Shakesby
- Choir – The National Youth Choir Of Great Britain*
- Composed By – Karl Jenkins (tracks: 1, 3 to 13)
- Design – Ian Ross
- Directed By [Musical], Conductor [National Youth Choir] – Mike Brewer OBE*
- Engineer – Dick Lewzey
- Engineer [Assisted By (Abbey Road)] – Richard Lancaster
- Engineer [Assisted By (Air Studios)] – Jake Jackson
- Engineer [Assisted By (Angel)] – Mat Bartrum*
- Executive Producer, Co-producer [Associate Producer] – Helen Connolly
- Leader [Orchestra] – Duncan Riddell
- Mastered By – Limo Hearn
- Mezzo-soprano Vocals – Rachel Lloyd*
- Orchestra – The London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Percussion [Additional] – Dave Hassell*, Jody K Jenkins*, Neil Percy
- Photography By [Karl Jenkins Photographed By] – Mitch Jenkins
- Producer, Conductor [London Symphony Orchestra] – Karl Jenkins
- Soprano Vocals – Elizabeth Witts*, Susie Parkes
- Trumpet [Principal] – Paul Beniston
NotesWhen I started composing The Armed Man, The tragedy of Kosovo unfolded. I was thus reminded daily of the horror of such conflict and so I dedicate this work to the victims of Kosovo. Karl Jenkins
Track 1 sung in French; track 2 sung in Arabic; track 3 sung in Greek; tracks 4, 6 to 9, 11 & 13 sung in English; tracks 5, 10 & 12 sung in Latin.
Tracks 3 to 7, 9 to 12 published by Boosey & Hawkes Music Publishers Ltd.
Track 6 published by Boosey & Hawkes Music Publishers Ltd. / Oxford University Press.
Track 8 published by Boosey & Hawkes Music Publishers Ltd. / Faber & Faber - London.
Lyrics reproduced by kind permission of the publishers.
London Philharmonic recorded at Air Studios, Lyndhurst Hall, London on 24th July, 2000.
National Youth Choir of Great Britain recorded at Air Studios, Lyndhurst Hall, London on 11th August, 2000.
Treble solo recorded at Abbey Road Studios, London on 26th January 2001.
The Call To Prayers recorded at Air Studios, Lyndhurst Hall, London on 11th August, 2000.
Cello solo recorded at Air Studios, Lyndhurst Hall, 12th January, 2001.
Mixed at Air Studios, London on 18th - 20th June 2001. Mastered at Floating Earth, London on 22nd June, 2001.
℗2001 Karl Jenkins Music Ltd., exclusively licensed to Virgin Records Ltd. ©2001 Virgin Records Ltd.
This label copy information is the subject of copyright protection. All rights reserved.
© 2001 Karl Jenkins Music Ltd., exclusively licensed to Virgin Records Ltd.
Made in the E.U. Printed in the EU.
Issued in a standard jewel case with twelve page booklet and cardboard slipcase.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 24381 10152 0
- Barcode (String): 724381101520
- Label Code: LC03098
- Rights Society: bel BIEM
- Other (Distribution Code): F: PM527
- Matrix / Runout (Alternate 1): EMI UDEN 8110152 @ 1 010307-NL
- Matrix / Runout (Alternate 2): EMI UDEN 8110152 @ 1 1-1-2-NL
- Mould SID Code (Alternate 1): ifpi 150A
- Mould SID Code (Alternate 2): ifpi 15E0
- Mastering SID Code (Alternate 1 & 2): IFPI L047
|0190295940812||Karl Jenkins||The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace (CD, Album, Ltd + DVD, NTSC)||Warner Classics||0190295940812||UK & Europe||2010|
|0190296929489||Karl Jenkins||The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace (2xLP, Ltd, RE, 180)||Warner Classics||0190296929489||UK & Europe||2018|
|7243 8 11015 2 0||Karl Jenkins||The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Venture||7243 8 11015 2 0||Russia||2001|
|7243 8 11015 2 0||Karl Jenkins||The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace (CD, Album, RP)||Warner Classics||7243 8 11015 2 0||UK & Europe||2013|
|2172962||Karl Jenkins||The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace (10th Anniversary Edition) (CD, Album, RM + DVD-V + S/Edition)||EMI Classics||2172962||UK||2010|
Related at Karl Jenkins - The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace FLAC: